Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Texas Trip

Sophie and I spent a week in Texas. We were there for my cousin's wedding in which Sophie was the flower girl. She did an amazing job. Took the ring bearer's hand and down the aisle she went. Here are some pics from our trip.

This was Sophie's outfit for the wedding. It even came with pink shiny shoes!!

This is how I did her hair for the wedding. There was so much hairspray that when the wind blew it didn't move.

The Sunday after the wedding we were privileged enough to go and see my cousin Mikail have their new addition Westley blessed. Here is their cute little family.

Sophie & Westley she was trying to help him sit up

We had the best BBQ at the luncheon. It was from Rudy's so if you are ever in Austin TX that is the place to go. Sophie wanted the chocolate cake and this was the result!

The first part of the week we actually stayed with my cousin Trent this was a random pic of Sophie very happily watching a movie on the BIG TV.

Trent has a motorcycle and we were trying to get Sophie to take a picture on it. If we had just taken the picture before it turned on we would have been ok

We got to Texas on Monday and Sophie didn't take a nap until that Wednesday. We were spending the day with my Aunt Beryl and she fell asleep watching Shrek. What a relief that day was.

Since we got to Texas Sophie has totally been cool with Trent. She spent most of her time following what he was doing. One night after we had gone out to dinner we got back to the house and let her go and run around outside. She noticed that Trent had gone and sat on the porch so if course she follows him. She sits down and scooted over to be closer to him and this is the picture that I got.


It is a tradition that when Trent and I get together we have to go and have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and sad to say we always get the same thing. Spicy Cashew Chicken is the best!! Sophie decided that using a fork wasn't good enough for eating cheesecake so she just used her hands.


The one day that Trent took a nap I caught this picture as we were watching a movie after Trent had just woken up!

Sophie in her carseat when we first got to Austin.

Sophie waiting at the airport in Phoenix. She was sooooo excited to see all the planes and was soooooo excited when she actually got to ride on one. She did amazing on both the flight there and the flight home. I am grateful for good kids.
I am so happy for Jamie & Trent and I wish them all the best in the future together. Thanks to all who drove us around, fed us and took care of us while we were there. I couldn't ask for a better family!
We love and miss you guys already!!













2 comments:

Keri said...

It sounds like you had a great time. So sweet that Sophie loves Trent! We just were in NM for Randy's brother's wedding & we had BBQ for the rehearsal dinner--complete with Rudy's BBQ sauce. Yes, it was really good...Randy even smuggled a few of the bottle of sauce home!

Shelbey said...

So glad you and Sophie had a good trip :)